Frequently Asked Questions
1. Q: How many roof tiles in a square of roof?
A: 1 square of roof = 20 roof tiles.
2. Q: How many square feet in a square of roof?
A: 1 square of roof = 100 square feet.
3. Q: How many feet of laths (2×2) do I need per square
A: 110 running feet
4. Q: How many pounds of nails are needed to install
1 square of roof?
A: 1 1/4 pounds of 2” tile nails per sq of roof for tiles.
1/4 pound of 3/4” clout nails per sq of roof for felt.
2 pounds of wire nails per sq of roof for lathing
(1 1/2lbs 4” and 1/2lb 3”).
5. Q: How do I calculate how much squares of roof tiles I need
A: To calculate roof squares – work out floor area and
add 33 1/3% for height, waste and eaves.
If eaves are included in floor area,
add 25% for height and waste.
6. Q: How much Versafelt is needed per square of roof?
A: Versafelt Regular and Versafelt Reflect covers 5
squares of roof.
Versafelt Ultralight covers 10 squares of roof.
7. Q: How long can the Versafelt stay exposed?
A: The Versafelt can remain exposed for up
to 6 months.